Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Driving is scary! (but I like it)

So yesterday was my big day! I finally can drive! My instructor was really nice and like 6 or 7 of my friends also had her so that was pretty cool. We started driving on the real road right away which was absolutely terrifying. I thought we were going to start in a parking lot or a small neighborhood, but we started on a road that you drive 45 mph on. That was scary, but I did really good.

I had one little mishap. I though she said left turn, but I guess she said left lane change and so I slowed down and started to turn left onto this one street (which I guess was illegal...) and she was like "Don't slow down, maintain your speed." So I step on the gas and the car goes like swoooosh across the street and I literally almost drive right through my friend's fence and the car stops on the wrong side of the road and there is someone from my church staring straight at me. It was embarrassing and scary, but if it weren't for that, I'd say driving is really fun. :D

The driving instructor said I was really good for a new driver and she said I was awesome. So, yay! :)

I didn't get any pictures of me with the instructor or in the car, which I'm really not that disappointed about. I will take some pictures of myself driving today with my mom for the first time. I'm not too scared about that; I am kind of scared about driving with my dad, he is going to be a nervous wreck.

This is the only picture I took that semi had to do with driving. This is me looking out the window waiting for the instructor. :)





 So I'd say I like driving. It's nerve-racking, but it is exciting and it's something I've always wanted to do.

I'm gonna go drive in a bit with my mom to go pick up my sister and two other kids. I'm not sure if I'll be driving home...haha

1 comment:

  1. I was the same way as you when I started driving. You will soon be pro at it :)

    www.seekvintage.com

    ReplyDelete

I loooovveee comments. Sometimes they make my day! So don't be afraid to leave a comment. :) Love life. <3